A muddy lake and a dry streambed are the perfect metaphors for this story of being filled with the righteousness of God.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Wilbur MacNamara inherits a country cabin on the shores of Lake Righteousness. When Wilbur explores the lake, he finds it a stagnant mudhole. Discouraged, he stops at the local filling station and meets the owner, Chris. Chris asks Wilbur if he has checked to see if Agape Creek is flowing. What occurs next is an object lesson in how to be filled with the righteousness of God.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: In the country
- For the righteousness of God to fill our lives, the Agape love of God must be flowing.
- Our lives can be filled with obstructions that restrict that flow.
- Sometimes we need the help of a faithful friend to remove those obstructions.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Additional Verses: Romans 3:23, 2Corinthians 5:21
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Additional Voices Provided by Zach Trandum and Eric Muench
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Adobe Music – “Happy Summer Vacation”, “Bubu Train”, “Backwater Creek”, “Mirror”, “Folk Acoustic Light”, “Guitar Acoustic Background”, “Country King”, “Hungry Alligator”, “Sunrise”
- Sound Effects by Zapsplat
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.