The charming Thanksgiving parable reminds us that unforeseen blessings wait just beyond our acts of kindness.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A mother picks up her daughter from school the day before Thanksgiving. As they talk in the car, her daughter shares that a classmate, Tina, has said her family will be having Fried Baloney for Thanksgiving dinner. Undone by this information, the mother sets out to bring Thanksgiving joy to this family. What she receives in turn no one could have guessed. A story of the unforeseen blessings that wait beyond an act of kindness.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Suburbia
- Many times, our acts of selflessness and kindness bring joy and blessings to OUR lives.
- Holiday family traditions are a great way to communicate and pass on values in our children.
- Key Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—to nullify the things that are, so no one may boast before Him.
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Kirsta Muench and Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Fudge and Candy Cane Kisses”, “Proposal”, “Light Background Guitars”, “I Know Those Birds”, “Fantastic World” - Adobe Music
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.