This Irish parable invites us to find the hidden blessings beyond our fears and doubts.
The Dark Hedges
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Katie Erin Killgaren, a young Irish lass, loves her sheep. One day, she takes them to pasture and falls asleep. When she awakes, two lambs are missing, and it’s clear they have traversed the menacing Dark Hedges that her father has warned her to never go beyond. What will Katie Erin do? A story of overcoming fear.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: The Irish countryside
- A hidden blessing may lie on the far side of our fear.
- A good shepherd will always rescue their sheep.
- Key Bible Verse: Psalm 23:1-4 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Additional Verses Referenced: James 1:2-4, Romans 8:28, Matthew 6:27, 2Timothy 1-7
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Pond5
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.