Follow the adventures of the Neighborhood Street Cookie Club as they learn a little something about the magic of Christmas.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: A woman hosts the “Neighborhood Cookie Club” in her kitchen. Together, they prepare, bake, and package a variety of Christmas cookies. They take the cookies to a homeless shelter to bless the residents. A story of teaching the blessings of sharing with those less fortunate.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: Present-day America
- Precept(s): Sharing with those in need enriches your own life.
- Key Bible Verse: Proverbs 19:17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward him for what he has done.
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Kelsey Jones and David Harding
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Penny Whitmore
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Jingle Bells Calm”, “Touching Moments Two”, “Deck the Halls A” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/license/by/4.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.