A truly wise man never walks the grass alone. This African parable is a story of pride, redemption and the power of friendship.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Jabari, a young boy in Africa, will finally get to go on the hunt with his father and the other men of the village. Accompanying him are his best friends. Together, they make a vow to stick together and always have each other’s back. However, when the other boys have successful hunts and Jabari’s comes up empty, his pride kicks into gear. This is especially dangerous as the legendary hyena, Shetani, stalks the grasslands. A story of the pitfalls of pride.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: The African savannah
- A truly wise man never walks the grass alone.
- Acting out of wounded pride often leads to calamity.
- We are always safer when surrounded by faithful friends.
- Listen for the voice of the Lord for guidance.
- Repentance leads to restoration.
- Key Bible Verse: Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Hebrews 10:24
- Written by Dana Buck
- Narrated by Ruth Mwawasi
- Additional voices provided by Vincent, Kevin, Alphonse, Alvin and Allen Oywak, Ishmail Islamov, Simon and Bill Nakhale
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Adding the Sun”, Rite of Passage”, “Infados”, “Stompdance”, “Savannah (sketch)”, “Tafi Maradi”, “Round Drums”, ”Night Cave”, ”Lotus”, “Dubakupado”, “Kalimba Relaxation”, “Hitman”, Movement Proposition” By Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Effects Credit: Wind Sound by Zapspalt.com
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.