The story of Noah's ark, told through the eyes of his sons. What do you do when Dad says God told him to build a boat in the middle of the desert?
You do your Part, I’ll do Mine
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: For decades, a jewelry store owner has set aside a special display case in his store labeled “Flawless.” However, as all gems contain some flaws, this display case is empty. One day, his son returns from years of education and travel. Seeing the empty display case, he tells his father that all gems have some imperfection, which makes them each unique. The key is to see the beauty beyond the flaws. This story is a metaphor for how God views us through His son, Jesus.
- Story Origin: An original work of fiction set against the story of the great flood found in the book of Genesis
- Setting: Ancient Bible times
- God’s part is to have a plan for our lives, our part is to trust Him.
- We need to learn to wait on God’s perfect timing to accomplish His will.
- Key Bible Verse: Genesis 7:6-9 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. And Noah and his sons and his wife and his son’s wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Pond5
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.