Sometimes God uses the smallest things to remind us of His great love.
The Widower Bird
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Each spring, a mated couple of sparrows raises their young in a backyard birdhouse. This year, however, only the male has appeared, singing a mournful song. What do these birds have to teach us about the love of God?
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A suburban backyard
- Precept(s): God knows when a lowly sparrow falls. How much more does he care for us?
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside of your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So, don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Almost New” by Kevin Macleod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By attribution 3.0 license creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.