Based on the parable of the man who builds his house on the rock. Told through the true story of the hurricane that destroyed Galveston, TX in 1900.
Honest Henry’s Store
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: The Pandaroo, a mythical creature half panda and half kangaroo, feels he doesn’t fit in. Does the Great Creator make mistakes?
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: 1900 Galveston, Texas
- Build your life on the “rock” of Jesus Christ.
- Other foundational options may appear substantial, but when storms come, they will not last.
- Storms will come into our lives.
- Key Bible Verse: Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down and the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the wind blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: David Stevens
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.