Our adversary often uses the small things to put big things in the path of our faith.
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Old Scratch (Satan) is pondering a plan of attack against the faithful. He calls on his special servants, the Imps to plant negative words, attitudes, and emotion into the ears of believers. What defense do we have against this type of attack?
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: The throne room of the Prince of Darkness
- Satan often uses small attitudes and notions to ensnare his victims.
- There is power in the name of Jesus.
- Christians need to always be on guard against the plots of the evil one.
- Key Bible Verse: 1Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Psalm 139:23-24
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: “Vanishing”, “Gagool” , “Evening of Chaos” , “Awkward Meeting” , “Dreamlike” and “Night on the Docks” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By attribution 3.0 license creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at email@example.com.