The Pandaroo is a mythical creature - half panda bear and half kangaroo. What happens when you feel like you don't fit in? Does the Great Creator make mistakes?
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: Based on Jesus’ Parable of the Wise and Foolish builders, this story is set against the very real hurricane that destroyed Galveston, Texas in 1900. It serves as an illustration of Jesus’ admonition to build your house on the rock.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: A mythical island
- We all feel like we don’t fit in from time to time.
- The Great Creator made us just the way we are.
- The Great Creator has a purpose for our life.
- We find joy and fulfillment when we live into our God ordained purpose.
- We need to share that discovery with others
- Key Bible Verse: Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my in most being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music Credit: Pond5
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.