So many voices vie for our attention. How do we hear God through the din?
ABOUT THIS PARABLE
- Concept: This story speaks to all the emotions and “voices” that vie for our attention and seek to define us. Rather than allow the negative voices to disable us, we have the power to overcome through Jesus.
- Story Origin: Original
- Setting: N/A
- The negative voices and emotions inside of us can seek to steal our joy and effectiveness.
- Jesus provides an escape and solution to this battle.
- Key Bible Verse: Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing, and perfect will.
- Additional Verses Referenced: Romans 5:8
- Written and Narrated by Dana Buck
- Devotional Thoughts Narrated by Kim Pratt
- Produced by Beneath Blue Skies Productions
- Music credit: “Music for Manatees” Kevin MacLeod (incomptech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 license creativecommons.org/license/by/3.0/
ABOUT SEW POWERFUL PARABLES
Sew Powerful Parables will tickle your funny bone, touch your heart and offer you a new way to experience God’s truth. Jesus often used parables to communicate His most important messages. Dana Buck picks up that tradition in a poetic, rhyming style that makes listening easy and enjoyable. All ages will love these stories full of memorable characters, insightful lessons and just plain fun.
After retiring from a 38-year career with the Christian non-profit organization, World Vision, Dana Buck now devotes himself full time to writing, speaking, and mentoring. His Sew Powerful Parables continue to grow in popularity as they charm audiences, readers and listeners. He is a Charter Board member for the nonprofit organization Sew Powerful, where he lends his expertise to further their mission of combating extreme poverty by training, equipping and empowering women and girls in the developing world. Dana resides in the greater Seattle area with his wife Grace and their neurotic cat. They have two children, Jared and Alyssa, and Alyssa is married to son-in-law, Ivan. No grandchildren yet, but Ivan and Alyssa do own and share their beautiful grand-dog, Odin. Reach Dana with comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.